Aamir Khan and Satyamev Jayate in The New York Times

Thank you to Bollywood Food Club for directing me to a couple pieces in The New York Times. The first article points to some data on the cumulative viewership of the show and an interesting view on its relationship with Lagaan (which we discussed here last month).

I don't think Aamir rediscovered himself after Lagaan.

I think India rediscovered Aamir after Lagaan.

The interview is more telling, and I like the allusion to the role of the lobbies, and this: “Satyamev Jayate is as much a part of my life as Dhoom 3."

Bollywood Star Remakes Himself Into TV Conscience
July 26, 2012
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/27/business/media/aamir-khan-a-bollywood-star-remakes-himself-into-tv-conscience-of-social-ills.html?smid=pl-share

A Conversation With: Bollywood’s Aamir Khan
July 27, 2012
http://india.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/07/27/a-conversation-with-bollywood-actor-aamir-khan/

I'm turning off comments here, discussion is always welcome and encouraged under comments to this related post.

No comments: