Twelve Thousand...and counting

Congratulations Sachin Tendulkar on becoming the highest run-scorer in test cricket history, and on crossing 12,000 runs yesterday against Australia!

My only wish, Sachin, is that you play through the next World Cup in 2011. The final is in Bombay, and if I'm alive, I'll be there! And this time it will be different from the last time I was at a World Cup elimination game featuring you, sir, in Calcutta in 1996.

And to make this Bollywood-related, did you know Sachin was part of the test audience for the greatest film ever made? Chale Chalo ;)

Picture source: This news story

4 comments:

Kanan said...

Really? I didn't know about the Lagaan bit. I hope you get to watch the world cup and I dream and hope, I will too. I miss this the most in the US (not being able to watch cricket and not feeling the excitement of it all). I'll have to catch the glimpse of Sachin's victory on a recording somewhere.

Saurabh said...

Wow!!! More than 12,000 runs! I also congratulate him.

I didn't know Sachin was a part of Lagaan's test audience. Thanks for reporting!

theBollywoodFan said...

Yes, Sachin was asked to provide feedback after the initial editing of Lagaan. I'm sure he had a lot to say about the second half ;)

Also, did you know that the original script by Ashutosh Gowariker had a two-inning match? When they started filming the first innings, they knew right away the second one wasn't going to be feasible at all, so they removed it.


Kanan: That's a great goal. So we got the final this time, and the rest of the games will be spread across India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, and Bangladesh! Should be fun!

Here is Sachin breaking the record. Diwali in Mohali, says Ravi Shastri! Here he is getting to 12,000. And here he is at the end of the day.

Saurabh: What an achievement! Sachin also has over 16,000 in one day games. The other current player from India to have scored over 10,000 runs is Rahul Dravid.

Cheers!

Pitu said...

Congrats Sachhu!!! MUAHS!