Nothing quite like some self indulgence the weekend the Miami Dolphins do their fans proud, finally giving us something to celebrate! Pitu got me started with this, and I figured it would also be a decent complement to my 'About Me' section.
1. What kinds of films do you like most?
Those that carry some social, political, cultural or economic significance. The answer is not intended to be all-encompassing.
2. Favorite piece of dialogue you have used in life?
If this isn't verbatim, it's close: "Aray. Us ne teri izzat ko lalkaara hai. Yeh kya kar raha hai yaar? Mard ban, be a man!" -- Aakaash to Sameer in Dil Chahta Hai (2001)
3. What would you do with a billion dollars?
With about five percent of it, make with Ashutosh Gowariker and market globally the heck out of a film starring Aamir, Salman and Shah Rukh. Then spend profits from the film (yes, it would be profitable despite its bigger-than-Hollywood budget), and the rest of the 95 percent of the billion, in fighting for child rights and funding education for the homeless across South Asia and Africa.
4. What is the wackiest thing you've done at a movie theater?
Talked smack with a Shah Rukh die-hard (on behalf of the character Bhuvan) at the first day first show of Devdas (2002). He started it, really :P
5. Popcorn or something else?
Something else, and depending on the time of day, often a Snickers bar.
6. Script, actors, or music?
Script. Hands down.
7. If you could act with someone, who would it be and why?
Abhishek Bachchan, because he would make silly *me* look good (take that as you may)! The real answer to the question is Tabu, because alongside her, I wouldn't be acting (or trying to act). Maybe even her aunt Shabana Azmi, who I wouldn't have any problems playing Sid (also from Dil Chahta Hai) to.
8. What takes you down the fastest?
Those who: a) propagate hatred in the name of (any) religion; b) believe what the types in 'a' say; c) think the world revolves around them; d) refuse to see at least two sides to a story. And then those who, if they don't fit in the 'd' bucket, do not know that they do not know.
9. How would you see yourself in ten years?
If alive, still a Bollywood fan.
10. Your fears?
Himesh Reshammiya and Esha Deol.
11. Favorite display of Bollywood fan nuttiness?
It'd be difficult to top this.
12. If you could have a dream come true, what would it be?
A peaceful resolution to the Kashmir issue. "Chhoti chhoti aankhen, aur bade bade sapne (small eyes and big dreams)?" Wonder where I've heard that before? It was Arjan, by the way. ;)
13. Which is more blessed, loving someone or being loved by someone?
One cannot love if one cannot understand, so I would lean to the former. But I'm not sure if being understanding is always better than being understood, so I'll even go with the latter.
14. What kind of person do you think the one who tagged you is?
Loyal, and one who demands loyalty (as one should!).
15. Would you rather be single and rich or married but poor?
Where does the happiness quotient factor into this? Next question.
16. What’s the first thing you do when you wake up?
Hit 'snooze'. Once time wins, it's off to draw the curtains open.
17. Would you give all in a relationship?
Dil diya hai, jaan bhi denge, ae *sanam* tere liye. ;)
18. If you fall in love with two people simultaneously, who would you pick?
It's not going to happen, but assuming it did...both!
19. Something about you that people don't expect, almost to a point of distrust?
I am as big a fan of football (the American kind) as of cricket.
20. Complete the sentence: You know you are a Bollywood fan when... *drumroll, Letterman style*
...you run a blog on the industry, or have compiled/applied your Bollywood soundtrack to life! Perhaps also when during a Ramadan fast, you are reminded of this deleted scene from Rang De Basanti (2006) :P
If you've enjoyed reading this, I'd encourage you to try to have some fun with this Q and A. Modify the questions as you wish!