Your Neetu Kapoor favorites?

Approaching the final stretch of the move, there is hardly any time to reflect on movies for these next few days. So I figured it would be worthwhile to share some personal and telling notes, pictures, thoughts.

Let's start with Neetu [Singh] Kapoor at a Christmas party. Here are a couple of pictures. The kid to the left (wearing the Goofy mask) is yours truly :o) The pictures are dated 23 December 1987. The event was about a mile away from home, at an outdoor complex adjacent to The Oberoi [hotel] at Nariman Point in Bombay. Wonder if Ranbir Kapoor was at the party. Perhaps that was who she was searching for in the second picture [right]? Oh, and special thanks to my sibling for holding on to these. I can hardly believe we still have them 20 years and four moves later.

Turns out my favorite Rishi Kapoor song is also my favorite Neetu Singh song: Parda Hai Parda from Amar Akbar Anthony (discussed the song in this post).

Ought to check out more of her works. Which leads to the question: Any recommendations? Which is/are your favorite Neetu Singh film(s)?



8 comments:

bollywoodfoodclub said...

Love it! When I first glanced at the post I thought it was a current picture of Neetu Kapoor and thought "Wow, she looks fantastic!" Then I actually read the post and the pic was from '87. I like your mask, sort of makes it look like you're a very young celebrity stalker. :)

And you probably played with Ranbir, but just can't remember it because that party was so long ago.

I also Love Parda Hai Parda from Amar Akbar Anthony and did a post with 4 versions, including one where Neetu is sitting on the judging panel along with Rishi, And she still looks fantastic.

Enjoy!
Sita-ji

http://bollywoodfoodclub.wordpress.com/2008/01/31/video-of-the-day-pardah-hai-pardah-from-amar-akbar-anthony-1977-weve-got-4-versions-for-you-here/

Filmi Girl said...

Is it too cheezy to love Neetu in Amar Akbar Anthony? I love her character in that - although she is quite secondary to the men, you get much more of a sense of personality from her than the other women in the film. A sign of her superior talent, I think!

Shweta Mehrotra Gahlawat said...

I think she rocked Kabhi Kabhi with so many people in that movie, she still held her space. I also love her in Rafoo Chakkar and Khel Khel Mein (all Rishi- natch)

theBollywoodFan said...

Sita-ji: ROTFL at the young celebrity stalker comment!!!

Agreed that she still looks fantastic. She was at the Filmfare awards this year, and as I watched her on stage and stand beside Dimple, I couldn't help but think that she would be great in a role like that of Dimple in Dil Chahta Hai. Dimple was fantastic, and Neetu-ji wouldn't act again anyway...

Filmi Girl: Superior talent and excellent presence. I think she had a great role too, although Shabana Azmi and Parveen Babi were excellent as well.

Shweta: Thank you for your recommendations!

Beth said...

Parvarish is one of my favorites. But I love her in anything, really!

theBollywoodFan said...

Thank you Beth. I'll look forward to checking it out.

Excited about my to-watch list starting to look very appealing!

memsaab said...

She and Shabana Azmi totally stole the show (from Amitabh and Vinod K!) in Parvarish. They are hilarious. She was great in Duniya Meri Jeb Mein too (opposite Rishi).

I like her in everything she did; even if it was a bad film she was always a bright spot. She's beautiful too, and just seems to get more beautiful as she ages. Inspiration!

theBollywoodFan said...

Thank you Memsaab. Noticed you had Parvarish in your Top 5 Heroine roles post as well. Cannot wait to check it out! And the others too.