Shah Rukh on friendship with Aamir

So the Indian media who cover entertainment news are well known, as are traditional parasitic media, to make much of nothing, i.e. baat ka batangad banana, right? Well, I was just glad to see Shah Rukh Khan (SRK) put to rest any element of controversy regarding what Aamir Khan had said about SRK's being second only to him. Here are excerpts from this interview:


Yesterday at an event Aamir mentioned you are number two. What’s your take?

I’m sure you’re all hoping for a juicy quote, so that you can stir up further controversies but I’m afraid it’s not going to happen. Because I genuinely like and respect Aamir. We’re friends. And I do know that Aamir is very fond of me. But what you may or may not know is that my wife is a huge fan of Aamir. And I have been expressly warned that I should not take any digs at him.

And if Aamir feels he’s number two…oops that’s a genuine slip of the tongue, if Aamir feels I am number two, I still take it as a compliment.


How are you different from Aamir? And how are you like him?

Well on screen one of my most popular dialogues was K-k-k-k kiran, I love you. And Aamir speaks the same dialogue in real life every day. So that’s where the similarity lies. But as people we are completely different. I’m more instinctive; I go by my gut feelings. Aamir is more of a thinker so our real life personalities are completely opposed to each other.

No comments: