The Spirit of Lagaan

14 days and two address errors later, I finally received my Amazon book order today. Too excited, for in addition to the new Alan Greenspan book titled 'Age of Turbulence', I had also ordered a copy of The Spirit of Lagaan by Satyajit Bhathal.

Given the huge Aamir Khan fan I am in addition to ranking Lagaan as my single all-time favorite, I cannot believe it has taken this long for me to get to reading it. But better late than never, right? Cannot wait to read this. I'm sure watching the movie again will be a different experience.

Here is the editorial review from amazon.com:

This is the extraordinary story of a thousand days in the lives of Aamir Khan, Ashutosh Gowariker and their mammoth team which made a classic film. It journeys through the dreams and nightmares, the lonliness and comradeship, the despair and exhilaration of a unit numbering thousands, drawn from the far corners of the globe, as it battled it out in the heat of the Kutch desert. It is a tale of how the "Lagaan" unit became a melting pot for diverse cultures to blend with a chemistry that created magic on screen and deep bonds off it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh you will have fun my friend. This one is for every Lagaan fan!