Mr. and Mrs. Dutt: Memories of our Parents

Mr. and Mrs. Dutt: Memories of our Parents, authored by Sanjay Dutt and sisters Priya and Namrata, is a book I would love to read, for Sunil Dutt and Nargisji must be two of the very few people involved in community service and politics and yet well-liked unanimously. Such was the respect they commanded.

There was hardly a shortage of representatives of the film fraternity at the book launch ceremony. In fact, India's Prime Minister Manmohan Singh was in attendance, as was Sonia Gandhi. Others in attendance included Dilip Kumar, Shah Rukh Khan, Govinda, Suniel Shetty, and Amitabh Bachchan. More at this news story.





Now, if only I were to find it in mainstream book outlets. As I write this, it is not available on each of Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and Ebay. There is a disadvantage inherent for Bollywood fans living in cities in the West where there is hardly a concentration of Indian movie lovers (the Hindi movie theater closest to me is about 80 miles away, and I hear I have it good). Oh well, eventually, the book will come available.

No comments: