Adventurous ride aboard The Train!

Finally saw The Train last night. Finally a movie that lives up to hype surrounding its soundtrack! I did not know what to expect from the movie when I popped it in. But I did know this going in -- Emraan Hashemi is a well above average actor and has to be among the more underrated actors over the last two or so years.

My review of the movie? It was well made and very well executed! You end up feeling a part of it, which is what every director aims for. You can feel the passion portrayed in the film emanate off the screen, and you enjoy the editing that the production crew have done when you can identify well with the locations of the goings on.

Set in Bangkok...there is Sayali Bhagat, who does well with her role. There is the stunning Geeta Basra (did you know she hails from Portsmouth in the UK?), who, while acting the part, announces her arrival in good style. She is one who can act -- watch out for her in the near future. And then, of course, there is Emraan, who is in form yet again and pulls off his role with tremendous ease and confidence. Ditto to Emraan and Geeta for staying true to their professions -- one is a marketer and the other a financial consultant. As someone involved in those business segments, I can certainly identify with some of their dialog.

I shall not break the suspense for you by describing the end, but I shall say that that was the only part in the movie that was not very believable. Everything else you can pretty much imagine happening in the real world.

Overall, watch the train for some sheer entertainment. The songs are fantastic (they comprise the album to beat this year, really), and go perfectly with the plot. Definitely recommend it if you are up for some suspense/thriller type movie-watching fun!


Movie Rating: ***

Music Rating: **** (Mithoon's music is fantastic)

My Classification: R/A -- Rated R for plot and sexual content. You do not want children around for this one.

Watch it if: you enjoy suspense movies, appreciate actors who keep it real, and enjoy good music fitting in a movie like a hand in glove. This is yours to watch if you enjoy urban/contemporary plots executed well.

4 comments:

Nicki said...

I'm just looking through your old posts. Did you know this movie was a remake of Hollywood's movie - Derailed? It was a direct copy frame by frame.

theBollywoodFan said...

Again, I didn't know. Sometimes I feel I'd might as well skip Hollywood altogether, because if it's good enough, Bollywood will give us a remake! :)

The Train had some fine music, and that's what I enjoyed most about it. Emraan Hashmi seems to be the king of remakes!

Nicki said...

I watch too many movies. I still love Hollywood though, hahaha. Derailed is actually a remake of a book.

You're right. Emraan is the king of remakes...he is apart of the Bhatt clan, :D

theBollywoodFan said...

Right, the Bhatt clan all right! I saw Jannat starring Emraan recently. Really liked it!