Rakht - a soundtrack to still rock to

Listening to the soundtrack of Rakht (2004) yesterday during a long hike up and down the Pike (the Florida Turnpike, that is). I have often been guilty of renting movies based on the quality of their soundtracks. Any Bollywood-watcher will know that that is not an ideal movie-renting strategy, but I am who I am and I tend to stick to the habit any way.

Well, so the Rakht soundtrack...tracks like 'One Love' and 'Jannat hai yeh Zameen' are still great to listen to. 'Oh what a Babe' will always be remembered for being among the earlier Sunidhi Chauhan dance hits. Of course, it doesn't hurt to have Neha Dhupia star in the song. 'Quiero How much I love you' made a Vasundhara Das fan of me. How her career has evolved...remember her singing the song 'Kaun Kiska Hua Hai...Yahaan' in Bheja Fry?


The Mahesh Manjrejar thriller starred Sanjay Dutt, Suniel Shetty, Dino Morea, the lovely Neha Dhupia, Bipasha Basu (who we fondly call Bips), and Amrita Arora. The point? Rakht's is still a heck of a soundtrack to listen to, and I wish we had more such soundtracks that are made with above average thought invested in them.


No comments: